Sunday, 17 August 2014

Alive and kicking ...

mutterings from across the Tasman have induced me out of my blogger's slump :)

I've been doing a bit of cooking, a lot of reading and a reasonable amount of quilting.  I finished the quilting and put the binding on my KGB quilt, it is now sitting folded up while I decide what to do with it.


I made a trapunto project as homework for the Sweet 16 class, this was something I enjoyed and I think I will be exploring the delights of trapunto further.


 the front of my project, I used batik for both front and back,


back view of project 
(I hadn't finished the quilting when this photo was taken)

and finally - we have two babies!!


This is the second clutch from the lorikeets that nested in the box in our backyard, the Mister climbed the tree and lifted the lid and took a few photos, they are still too young to do anything apart from creel for food and I can tell you they are quite noisy when they are hungry.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely work Pip, I love what you sewed. I was amazed at the Lorikeets. Our birds in England are not very colourful, so it was a treat to see those beautiful babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...just because you took a short rest from blogging, I knew you weren't idle, Pip! :)

    Lovely quilty projects... and gorgeous lorikeets! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great finish on you KGB quilt! Such beautiful quilting! I wish I could take a class on using my quilting machine. Beautiful birds! Do they stay there year round?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, tried to leave a comment on your post from today and it wouldn't let me. Really green I so want a sweet 16 have been following some of the classes on Facebook at Adelaide sewing centre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Amanda I am green too! Your KGB quilt is just gorgeous! Your trapunto is beautiful....so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I would love to try trapunto, looks great!

    ReplyDelete