Monday, 26 May 2014

Slowly does it ...

I need to remember that I still have my training wheels on and take the quilting slowly, I started out with over-ambitious quilting plans (feathers everywhere) and after unpicking for the third time I decided it would be easier and much less stressful to start with a simple loop in the log cabin block.


Even though there is so much room with a Sweet 16 there is still a big difference between moving around the smaller practise samples and a larger quilt, and the only way to learn it is to leap in and have a go.  I also tried some figure eights in another block and while they aren't as evenly spaced as I would like I'm sure they will improve eventually :)

11 comments:

  1. I think your quilting is looking very good!! I have a similar machine, a Baby Lock Tiara. There is a big difference quilting on your sample piece and quilting on a large quilt. I need a lot more practice with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree more. My samples are beautiful , but when I try on a "real" quilt, it all goes awry!
    Your quilt is looking lovely Pip, what a good job you are doing with tyour FMQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful. Hope she behaves herself always....you'll be able to take commissions soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with your practice..

    ReplyDelete
  5. When the stitches go awry, and i have to unpick more than once on an area, i tend to rethink the plan. I tell myself the quilt wants a different design ....It keeps me from losing heart and throwing it in the bin,,, And don't forget even tho' it is FMQ you can still do some marking . Those loops looks great contrained between stitched straight lines a quarter inch from the seam line . Your curves are lovely and smooth

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go, gf! Looking good... sometimes you have to listen to what the quilt is telling you before you start quilting. Not that I know much of anything.. :)

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the simple loops look good following each log!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your loops Pip - looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love it Pip ~ can't wait to see it done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks lovely Pip. Well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The loops look fabulous Pip, a great way to do a log cabin! xo

    ReplyDelete