Friday, 28 February 2014

Feeling a little sorry for myself

as earlier in the week I had Gingival Flap Surgery   I had the surgery on both sides of my upper jaw, it took about an hour all up, the procedure itself was relatively painless due to the local anaesthetic. I say relatively painless because when the local is administered you do experience the needle prick as it goes in, even when they have applied a numbing gel.  I think the worst part of the procedure was having to listen to all the scraping noises, a pair of noise-dampening headphones would have been good :)



this parcel was almost too pretty to open

The Mister suggested that I buy a quilt magazine and take it easy for the rest of the day, which of course I did, as it isn't that often that I have someone at my beck and call.  I read my magazine(s), did a bit of applique, watched some tv, read a book and had a nice relaxing day.  The postie also brought another quilt magazine and a lovely parcel of fabrics, mainly Kaffe Fassett, the KF is destined for use in the Barbara Brackman Threads of Memory BOM, the latest block is out and that will be my task for tomorrow.

but open it I did

4 comments:

  1. Ooh No! Recuperation usually calls for Chocolate treats, but I guess that was out of the question!
    Sorry to learn that you've had to be quiet for a few days.
    Those Kaffes look luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling much better by now. Gums heal pretty quick on the whole. What a delicious little parcel... it sent me off to check out the store... i resisted temptstion though. I have been watching out for your BB block, can't wait to see what you come up with .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better. Never heard of that kind of surgery. What was it for? Your parcel does look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I just looked it up. You poor thing. Anything to do with teeth is pretty awful in my opinion. Hope you are healing well and take care. :-)

    ReplyDelete