Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Progressing

As well as the Flower Garden quilt I have also been quilting Uzbek Patches.  It is coming along quite well and I'm still enjoying the hand quilting, I'm doing it without a hoop or any marking so the lines are a bit wonky,


I have way too much batting poking out on the edges, time for a bit of a trim I think
 

 I've been using a variety of threads to quilt with; some Perle Cotton No.16, some really thin crochet cotton, Aurifil NE28, Superior variegated cotton thread and some sashiko thread.  The sashiko thread is the slowest to quilt with because of it's thickness, the other threads quilt up fairly quickly (at least it seems so).


Looking at this photo I can see some time needs to be spent on burying thread ends otherwise it is going to be a PITA to do it all at the end.  I'm doing the quilting each night while I watch/listen to the TV, it's a great way to keep warm on these colder nights.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely texture appearing, Pip....and the colours are sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Прекрасно! Подбор цвета необычный. Браво.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming along beautifully Pip. The texture is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great texture and beautiful colours. And your quilting looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks lovely Pip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is coming along really well Pip. The quilting is great. Will be lovely when finished.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the mix of colours, the orange really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is looking really good Pip! I enjoyed what little hand quilting I have done... it really makes you slow down... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Oh I love this and your hand quilting is making it even more special.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)