Sunday, 16 June 2013

A New York Beauty

Late in 2012 I signed up for a guild workshop to be held in June 2013.  It was a 2 day, New York Beauty workshop conducted by Lessa Siegele, it was great to learn a new technique and have a nice break from Flower Garden.  I made four blocks over the weekend using batiks from my stash, in between the mandatory chatting and eating of course.



I'm thinking that I will stitch these blocks together,
 then use them for some FMQ practise,
and finish it off as a cushion cover.


I also took up the challenge and made this little log-cabin block, it was made in the last half hour of the workshop using fabric scraps from my trimmings of the large blocks. I quite enjoyed working on such a small block, maybe a miniature quilt is a future project one day.

8 comments:

  1. this new york beauty is beautiful...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice NY Beauty blocks... very nice indeed! I'd love to take a class like that sometime.

    Love your little log cabin... a miniature quilt with those would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky you, to take a class from Lessa. The NYB blocks are terrific, batik the perfect choice for such fibre points and made for a great miniature. You could turn that into a brooch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also made a New York Beauty square in a workshop--wish I had a retreat, so I could have made four! Your blocks are lovely, with those pristine points (paper pieced?). And we all love that mini log-cabin. Perfect!

    Elizabeth E.
    opquilt.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous NYB blocks - they will make a great cushion or whatever you decide. Lovely mini log cabin too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to hear about your quilty w/shop...and yes... so different for the brain after the FG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OR use the tiny block for jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is an excellent idea, I have seen some little brooches made from quilt blocks, will have to think on that idea now.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)